27 March 2008

Interviu cu un scriitor dizident chinez

Daca ieri BBC Hardtalk a avut un interviu cu unul dintre marii afaceristi care au aparut in China, si care nu prea parea sa dea doi bani pe lipsa de libertate politica, azi au un interviu cu Liao Yiwu (23min, RealPlayer).
Dissident writer Liao Yiwu seeks to give a voice to the people he calls "the lowest rungs of Chinese society". He spent four years in jail after writing an epic poem about the Tiananmen Square massacre and his book "The Corpse Walker" is a series of interviews with China's underclass: human traffickers, professional mourners, lepers, migrant labourers. Even this subject matter is controversial and Liao's every move is shadowed by the authorities. In a rare interview, Liao talks to Stephen Sackur about his extraordinary life and how he is recording the "voices of the voiceless".
Din interviu:
  • despre riscurile pe care si le asuma: "Following the Chinese tradition I leave this to fate. To Chinese fate is the ultimate power. I leave my destiny to fate and I can only improvize."
  • despre lipsa de libertate: "To me not having freedom should be considered normal. If this is what fate has for you, you have to accept it."
  • despre suferintele indurate: "Things you can't bear, it is best to treat them as teachers. You learn healthy and positive things from them."
  • de ce scrie despre subiecte care nu dau bine pentru imaginea Chinei: "When Westeners come here they stay at expensive hotels. To you it appears that China has really improved in copmparison to decades ago. However, the basic structure remains. Despite the changes. I feel the rich still have more rights to free speech. Ordinary people from the lower classes have much less oportunity to speak out, to tell their stories. If I didn't write about them they would definitely be buried in the darkness of history."
  • i-a iertat pe cei care i-au facut rau? "If I compare myself with free people like you I would feel very angry. However, I am only here with you for a couple of hours, while I have been with the others my whole life. Compared to their situation, I am lucky to be able to come to this point. [...] To me freedom comes from the heart. If you would like to learn the true meaning of freedom, allow me to play you the flute." (a invatat sa cante la fluier in inchisoare...)
Interviul asta mi-a adus aminte si de expozitia Humanism in China pe care am vazut-o la Berlin. O poza elocventa din colectie (din pacate nu am gasit pe net vreo galerie mai consistenta cu expozitia, si nici eu nu am pozat atunci):